Sunday, July 7, 2013

On the Road


I just got home after driving over 600 miles from Salem to San Jose - and I get to fly to Houston tomorrow, lucky me! I did have a very nice 4th of July weekend in Oregon, though. My brother and sis-in-law treated me to a tour of small Willamette Valley towns, like Dayton, above.


We had lunch in McMinnville, which is within striking distance of Portland. 


Local Raspberries - the Willamette Valley is famous for fruit.


The local grocery store was handing out fruit samples, including bits of Dragon Fruit, above.


 The Willamette Valley has quite a few wineries and wine shops.



A local product - Soy Candles.


Many of McMinnville's old buildings, constructed between 1885 and 1912, are still intact today.



We had some crispy noodles at a local Chinese place.


At my brother's request, we saw Despicable Me, which was actually quite good!



I resisted the opportunity to get a Happy meal when I stopped at McDonalds for some of their vile coffee and an egg white McMuffin (which was palatable).


There was a fair amount of traffic on the freeway in Northern California, but the views were great - that's Mt. Shasta in the distance. It doesn't have very much snow on it these days.

That's it for now - more from Houston!

Jamilla

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jamilla,
    I hope everything is okay. I love your Instagram photos. Since I do not have Instagram, I cannot post my comments. I am glad you had a great 4th of July. :)

    ReplyDelete