Wednesday, July 3, 2013

On the Road


Just a quick post to say I've been on the road all day, driving from the Bay Area to Oregon. I made some picturesque stops, like Williams, California, above ;-)



I always love driving past Shasta Lake - I saw a turn-off from I-5 and make a quick stop to take a few pics. You can see the freeway bridge in the distance.


The lake was pretty quiet today - just some locals and their boat.


This is Turntable Bay - peaceful and gorgeous.


Another stop in Yreka, California for gas - every small town has it's own wonderful weirdness.


After 11 hours, I finally made it to the Grand Hotel in Salem, Oregon, where I'm staying while I visit my brother and sis-in-law. They're completely gutting their house, hence the hotel!


I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight. It's off to Portland tomorrow - more later.

Jamilla

No comments:

Post a Comment